Tuesday 17 September 2013

The start of a new journey

Alhamdulillah I got a very supportive husband and families.

My journey began back to the year 2007. At that time I have told my late mom and my late brother  - Cho on my intention to pursue my PhD (and of course my beloved husband was the first person I spoke to). Alhamdulillah they support my decision.

At the beginning, me and my husband (with advise of my senior UiTM) colleagues decided to go for New Zealand for my PhD journey. I did not tell my family about the plan as the plan might change (and of course the PLAN became the PLAN as ALLAH has the best PLAN for me and my family).

I have surveyed the best universities, contacted potential supervisors in New Zealand. The most appealed university was the Canterbury University and I got an email replied from my potential supervisor there. I started to research the suitable topic and discussing with my colleagues.

Me and my husband were preparing our mental and physical to go New Zealand. My husband was willing to resign from his job just to follow me to New Zealand. Even we have decided to have another baby before I pursues my PhD.

In December 2009, I had an interview for the UiTM Staff Scholarship for my PhD. UNLUCKILY, the interviewers told me that all PhD applications to oversea has been frozen as UiTM had no budget for it due to recession. Only critical specializations were considered to go abroad for PhD and as usual, EDUCATION is consider as non-critical area of specialization.

I was so upset at that time. To make us happy, just after the interview session, me (who were 3 month pregnant) and my husband went to Sungai Buloh area to search for our new house. We went to Saujana Utama and then to Desa Coalfields. We chose AVINA in Desa Coalfields. It nearby UiTM Puncak Perdana and Puncak Alam of which either one will be the permanent place for Faculty of Education - my faculty in future.

We were so lucky as we were among the earliest customers for the last phase of Desa Coalfields as the developer had not launched yet the phase. Thus, we had opportunity to choose our house unit according to our preferences. And now we were officially had a house we called HOME :-)




No comments: